Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Slam Heard 'Round The World




















Sorry for the long hiatus, during which I’m sure you turned to some other provider for news on the Finals and the Draft. So here’s a little something different.
Kadour Ziani is probably the world’s best dunker. The 5’11” prodigy can do everything from a double windmill to a 360 to leaping over a Porsche thanks to his 56” vertical (yup, FIFTY SIX). He recently signed with K1X, the German basketball apparel company, but he states he’s not in it for the money, “I don’t have money, I don’t have anything. But in my hear I am rich…Some people need food to live. I need to dunk”.
This guy goes up, without caution or reserve, putting his body on the line for his love of jamming. “Each time I go up for a dunk, I am ready to die. I am training with death. I am not scared”.
Apart from his ability and his fearlessness, he also has some impressive philosophies. Kadour, a Frenchman of Algerian decent, wants to bring the universe together through the art of slam. Along with his traveling dunk crew, SlamNation, Ziani’s goal is to bring people closer. “I want to give people hope and the power to believe that anything is possible”.
But don’t take my word for it; check out one of the most impressive dudes to throw it down since… well, ever.

No comments: